Antique & Insurance Appraisals | Estate & Household Sales | Rochester, NY
Trust your antiques to the professionals at Jack Wanderman & Associates
For more than 35 years, Jack Wanderman & Associates has been offering appraisal and estate sale services for all areas of the art, collectibles and antique market. We work as agents on behalf of clients ranging from single items to entire collections. We can liquidate complete households and conduct professional estate sales. We work also with banks and attorneys to offer comprehensive personal property appraisals for insurance, taxation and estate purposes. Confidentiality is our policy and complete client satisfaction our goal.
When working with us, you can be assured of the following:
- We do our research. We take the time to identify and price each item appropriately to help ensure that no item sells below market value.
- We maximize potential. We maximize the potential selling price of your treasures by marketing them locally and internationally.
- We are relationship based. We will work closely with you, your attorney, estate executor or other stakeholders to keep everyone informed on the progress of the sale.
- We are honest. Our business is built on our reputation and referrals, so we will tell you upfront if we do not believe we are the right people to handle your appraisal or sale.
- We are bonded and insured. You can rest assured that in working with us we are professional in the conduct of our business.
A track record of success
Founded in 1975, Jack Wanderman has devoted his life to buying and selling antiques, as well as buying and selling fine furniture, collectibles, Oriental rugs, fine art and Asian antiques. Over the years, he’s developed considerable expertise in valuing antiques and has researched the value and handled the consignment of items worth at as much as $70,000 or as small as a few hundred dollars.
About Jack Wanderman
At age 17, Jack formed a lifelong friendship with the legendary antique expert, Edward Cornwall. For almost 20 years, Jack studied and learned the appraisal business from Ed before venturing out on his own when Ed retired.
While learning the appraisal business, Jack also owned three retail stores in Rochester and Ithaca, NY, where he actively bought and sold items to the public. When he was asked to organize and research the collection of Asian antiques owned by the Rochester Zen Center, Jack became intrigued and went on to study Japanese art, culture and language at the University of Rochester.
Jack has been tapped to consult for many clients, preparing hundreds of written appraisals for major collectors, estate departments and law firms. For the last 10 years, Jack has served as co-host for a monthly call-in radio program on art and antiques on WXXI. He also serves as resident art and antiques consultant for 13WHAM-TV. Jack continues to work with private collectors and institutions across the Western NY region in the valuation and disposition of art and antiques.View our recent sales and realized prices